For the Kids
Canoeing/Pier Jumping and Banana Boating are all rolled into one fantastic, fun session at East Coast Adventure Centre, Warrenpoint. Watersports sessions are held every Friday and Sunday from April onwards and must be booked in advance.
HORSE TREKKING & RIDING
Nested in beautiful countryside close to picturesque woods and steeped in history and folklore, Ravensdale Lodge Equestrian Trekking Centre is Irelands premier Equestrian facility. The centre enjoys an idyllic location against a backdrop of the Cooley Mountains. Ravensdale Lodge has been designed with safety and comfort of both horse and handler in mind and is the perfect location for trekking and horse.
W5 INTERACTIVE DISCOVERY CENTRE
W5 is Ireland’s award winning science and discovery centre at Odyssey in Belfast. With over 250 interactive exhibits in four incredible exhibition areas, W5 provides a unique experience as well as fantastic fun for visitors of all ages. In addition to permanent exhibits, W5 also presents a changing programme of large and small scale temporary exhibitions and events. W5 have a daily programme of live science demonstrations and shows throughout the day.
SLIEVE GULLION PLAY PARK
Slieve Gullion Forest Park, is about a 5 minute drive from the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa and is one of the best kept secrets for a family day out. There are great facilities, including lots of parking, picnic tables, a duck pond, a short nature trail and a coffee shop. However, undoubtedly the newly constructed adventure playground is what steals the show, with play equipment for children of all ages, as well as an adult play area for those who want to burn off some calories.
Tayto Theme Park in Ashbourne Co Meath is an unforgettable day out for the whole family. The park and play area guarantee hours of fun for all the family. Atrractions in Tayto Park:
- The Pow Wow Playground – Suitable for older children, complete with lots of equipment to climb, swing and slide down. The Tiny Taters Patch this area especially for kids under 6 years of age where they can enjoy a spiral climbing hill, a mini maze and a playground for little one.
- The Eagle Sky Adventure Zone – Features Zip Line Extreme, The Tayto Twister, The Extreme Climbing Wall and the Tayto Sky Walk.
- The Geronimo Thrill Zone – Features Tayto Air Jumpers, The Superhero Training Wall, The Crispy Creek Mining Company and Mr Tayto’s Wacky Rodeo.
- Critter County – A woodland area where some of the exotic animals live such as Ocelot, Coati Mundi, Lynx, Fishing Cats, Aviary, Corsac Fox, Aard Wolf and much more.
- The Pet Tayto Corner – Here you can see some very cute and curious rare farm animals, including Quessant Sheep, Pygmy Goats, Vietnamese Pot Bellied Pigs, Donkeys and Highland Cows.
- Wild Cat Plains – Here you see some of our biggest cats: The Mountain Lion, Amur Leopard, Amur Tigers alongside
- many other animals like Emu, Rhea, Wallabies and Guanaco.
- The Buffalo Ridge – The Buffalo Ridge at Tayto Park is home for 15 years to Ireland’s first herd of American Bison. Over 20 buffalo roam the plains at Tayto Park; here they graze on the nutritious grasslands. Peep through the talking telescope at Buffalo Ridge and learn all about the Buffalo.
- Walkways – Sit by the relaxing waters of Cool Lough and Potato Falls, make a wish at Dream Catcher Falls or simply stroll along walkways and woodlands.
- Factory Tour – Learn about the history of Tayto and see how the nation’s favourite crisps are made from start to finish.
Funtaisa Drogheda consists of a piratives cove interactive water park, featuring over 200 water gushing activities including the adrenalin pumping super bowl speed slide and the Boomerang. Other attractions include the Atlantis Cove play area, a 14 lane bowling alley, Roller skating rink, crazy golf, rock climbing, a luxurious Casino, Pharaohs fast food restaurant, video games, simulators and lots more.
SKYPARK, CARLINGFORD ADVENTURE CENTRE
Where you can swing, scream, jump, climb and release your inner Tarzan. SKYPARK in Carlingford is Irelands biggest Zip Line and Sky Trekking Park. Challenge yourself on zip lines, rock climbing towers, suspension bridges, Tarzan swings, tightropes, rope bridges, cargo nets, base jumps and tree houses. There are 4 courses on SKYPARK, Moderate (Blue), Difficult (Yellow), Very Difficult (Red), Extremely Difficult (Black). There are many stops on the course to enable you to hop off at any time.
PAINTBALLING & BUBBLE SOCCER
Only 2 minutes drive from the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa, Watchtower Adventures offer fantastic offers for guests staying at the hotel for paintballing and bubble soccer (childrens packages also available - minimum numbers apply).